Sunday, October 30, 2011

What's New This October

What's new?  Besides getting a snow storm two days before Halloween.... ftw?  Here are a few more photos to catch you up on the car build:


Lokar vintage look ebrake installed (temporarily, until I put the aluminum panels on) and connected to the Wilwood ebrake setup.  I have to say, this was pretty easy and straight forward despite the horror stories I've read about.  Then again, I also had a custom bracket from Mike Fortes to mount the handle and Wilwood provided a nice mount for the cable ends.


Above is a side pic of the 3-link suspension banana bracket, which I may have welded on later.  You can also see I went body-up on the Koni rear shocks and mounted the calipers in the forward position.  It definitely cleans up the ebrake cable and caliper lines in this configuration.


Above is the ffmetal.com battery box installed.  I like the idea of hiding the battery and getting more space in the trunk area.  I'll also be installing remote battery terminals and cut-off switch.




Dyno Video

Above is the engine on the dyno at Maryland Performance Center in Frederick Maryland.  The staff there are extremely knowledgeable and friendly and I would highly recommend them to anyone building/modifying an engine.  Here, the valve cover is off in preparation to add spring shims.  They threw a wrench to me and my father-in-law (pictured) and told us to start helping to save time... and of course time is money!

Below is the Breeze Automotive fuel tank kit installed.  I had to wash the inside and outside of the tank, paint it, install the fuel level sender, pickup, vent, and filling tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment