Sunday, October 30, 2011

Brake Lines - The Art of


I went with the CNC Triple Reservoir (from FortesParts.com), Wilwood pedal box and custom bracket (also from Fortes), braided ss teflon lines for the reservoir feeds, Wilwood 3/4" masters for the front and back brakes and 7/8" master for the clutch.  I also added the Wilwood balance bar remote adjuster and mounted it under the pedalbox area.

I also purchased the blank front footbox panel from ffmetal.com since my kit only came with the PowerBoost style panel.

Below is the top of the pedal box with everything piped.  The hardest thing to find was the 7/16-20 fitting for the input port on the 3/4" master cylinders.  The mc's have an inverted flare fitting, but I was unable to find an adapter that would reach all the way down so I added a rubber washer and fender washer to get a seal on the top.  I hope this isn't a problem later... though it should be fine since these lines aren't pressurized.


I've only seen one other builder decide to run the passenger side front brake line behind the firewall and along the 3/4" frame member.  It looked  really clean and was done by a professional builder, so I went this route too (notice the tee fitting at the master cylinder).


Here's a shot of the line running behind the firewall.  There are no fittings back there, so no leaks to worry about, right?


And here's a shot if the passenger side line running down the 3/4" frame.

And here's an overhead shot of the rear lines, where the hard lines meet the flexible lines going to the calipers.

No comments:

Post a Comment