Thursday, September 1, 2011

Where has the time gone?

Ok... Now that I have an app on my phone I have even less of an excuse not to update my progress.

A lot has happened in the year or so since I last posted. Here are some photos to catch you up:




Jay came out from Colorado last summer (2010) to help put in the bottom end. We had a great time! Too bad we don't live closer.







After learning you cannot purchase the stock pushrod guide plates separately for the old Z304 heads (and purchasing the guide plates for the newer version of the heads and trying to modify them) I purchased these adjustable plates that required welding. After a bit of practice on the junk plates, I welded eight of these to get the top end complete.




With the engine coming together and a little financing magic... I was able to order the base kit around New Years 2011. I went with the base kit so that I could accumulate the parts I need as I could afford them. The base kit also gives me the opportunity to upgrade many components on my own for about the same cost as the complete kit.







In March Kim and I flew to Boston and rented a 26' truck to haul the car home from Factory Five. It was quite an adventure! To top it off, several friends came by to help unload everything and celebrate with a BBQ.

We also stopped in Jersey to pickup the body buck (wood frame) above from a ffcars.com forum member. FFCars.com has been a frigging amazing resource so far.

I think that's enough for this fast forward. I'll catch up my progress on the car over the next few weeks. I promise. ;-)

- Posted from my mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment